Friday, July 3, 2009

The best in the west.

I'm sure that all of you reading this probably saw the US national team play Brazil. They had an outstanding performance in the first half, scoring 2 goals in 27 minutes. There were two reasons why they played better than Brazil in the first half.



1.The Brazilian defense wasnt in their best shape(trust me,I know because I am a big supporter of Brazil).

2.Donovan, Dempsey, Onyewu, and Howard.

They were the reason why brazil didn't overtake or overwhelm the US. Here's why. Howard was named best goalie of the tournament(a round of applause for him)because he made the craziest saves, even if it was from the foot of someone like Kaka or Robinho.

Donovan and Dempsey were a great pair. They threaded long balls to each other and usually made a goal happen. Dempsey had a beautiful far post volley in what I believe was the 27th minute, and by then I was thinking that Brazil should make their comeback soon.Of course, I knew that Brazil would comeback.

Now, Onyewu. Where to start? Onyewu had the most header clearences in the whole tournament and was marking Kaka basically the whole game. He and spector were a great defensive line.

1 comment: